A Beautiful Disaster – Why I Embrace Natural Hair and Reject Weave | Poetry

A short film and poem I wrote to highlight the struggles that many black women face when it comes to embracing our natural hair texture and the repercussions…

1. fjones0748 says:

Halve breed

2. Black Men Taking Our Community Back says:

Truly beautiful

3. ummmiloveu says:

this is the very first video i discovered her from! :)

thank GOD I found her! <3 She has been such a blessing in my life :)

4. lijeesh nair says:

yeah youtube clips help make it basic to mac 5 out of 10s but if you want to pickup hot chicks you have to know your game or they wont even look at you study the video on PUA66.COM

تدهشني المرأة التي تتكفل بحزني كلّه ، من البداية حتى النهاية

5. lisabrown8219 says:

Thank you!

6. bigaladji10 says:

Nice poem UNTIL you started blaming black men… smh

7. sheniqua brown says:

the only ones making a Problem out of the whole “Thing” are People like you. No one gives a fuck about your hair except you y’all take yourselves Way too seriously

8. Tony Helm says:

The only thing i dont agree with her on is the men part,it wasn’t the African-American male that wanted you to change,we wanted you natural,ya’ll fought us to wear weave,dont blame someone else for your blind decision when in the 60′s black joined feminist groups and abandoned our civil rights movement,so don’t blame us,its not our fault for what you were deceived to do in hating yourself we warned you in the 70′s about it ya’ll didn’t listen to the black man,you wanted European hair

9. aarjan pokhrel says:

I’ve looked at all the posts on here. I feel that that’s a first-rate video clip. My brother wants to become awe-inspiring with the hottest females. He figured out a lot from a internet page called Master Attraction. (Google it.) The help and advice for picking up women in clubs in those emails through that website gave got him his very first fucks in 3 long yrs. I got pissed however coz I heard them all. Grrrr.

10. channy lee says:

love it, so creative and inspiring! ALL THE WAY FRM AFRICA WITH LOVE!

11. zmakoti says:

Black girl stand up, it’s time 4yo emancipation. Naturally beautiful

12. STEPHENSHICHUA1 says:

well said

13. Jamina Vital says:

I have absolutely no problem with my hair texture, it’s just that is too short for my liking

14. ladyeden0413 says:

If I could like this a thousand times I would. I will s share this.

15. alexia ladora says:

That kind of made me sad.but its true

16. denisechilds3676 says:

Very nice…you rock!

17. Mary M says:

This is such a beautiful poem. You really hit on key points. Great job.

18. Maria Lawrence says:

Beautiful

19. shemika341 says:

Your poem is excellent!

20. Monique Hamilton says:

You must stay strong I told myself when I began to walk around like I am wearing a crown everyday all day and work with the health of my hair and learn to love and appreciate its uniqueness now you can’t tell me nothing I am bulletproof!

21. Monique Hamilton says:

That was so GREAT AND POWERFUL THANK YOU THANK YOU AND THANK YOU!!!!

22. Elboogie1975 says:

There are more men in support of natural hair than people realize and I hate that every time a black woman says something is wrong with her mind, it’s always a black man’s fault instead of her own. Black women are THE BIGGEST SUPPORTERS of weave and refuse to wear their own hair. It is not because of black men, they CHOOSE to wear it for their own vanity.

Stop throwing black men under the bus, they were raised by weave wearers, so that’s all they know. But we are coming around BW? Not so much.

23. Elboogie1975 says:

24. JJoh4040 says:

NAPPY is THE MOST BEAUTIFUL

25. JJoh4040 says:

im gonna be real you just turned an african issue and turned into a white issue partially i understand what you mean and we don’t appreciate the fact that you did it because now this comment of yours is just more fuel on the fire by racist white people to say look not only africans have curly hair when in essence they just STOLE our uniqueness and put on another race understand what i mean is you are trying to help but please let us Africans do this OURSELVES. :) thankyou